Proprietary Antifouling Coatings
A TRUE BREAKTHROUGH FOR HEAT EXCHANGER FOULING SOLUTIONS
Exchanger Industries’ proprietary antifouling coating offers a true breakthrough in tackling the global, multibillion-dollar fouling problem that plagues multiple industries.
We spent a decade of R&D collaborating with a major global chemicals supplier and more than seven years of full-scale field evaluation with a major Canadian energy company to prove the effectiveness of this technology in combating even the most extreme fouling scenarios for oil and gas streams.
In the seven-plus years of evaluation, Exchanger Industries has been able to highlight several major benefits from our antifouling coatings for companies with fouling problems.
- Substantial reduction in cleaning frequency with the potential to eliminate routine cleaning altogether (the full-scale field unit noted above has not required cleaning since start-up in 2013)
- Improved process efficiency and stability by tackling fouling before it starts
- Potential to specify smaller units due to reduced fouling factors
- Capital savings via the elimination of redundant exchangers previously required as swing units
Exchanger Industries is the only company licensed to provide this technology for heat exchangers and the only company worldwide with the knowledge and experience to maximize its benefits for your operations.
We believe this cutting-edge antifouling coating is the step-change solution for long-standing, costly fouling problems. Our antifouling technology can benefit a wide variety of global industries including:
- Natural gas
- Water Treatment & Desalination
- Food Processing
Antifouling Coating Case Study
Heat exchanger fouling is a costly issue that often has wide-ranging performance and efficiency implications. In our case study, we examine how Exchanger Industries worked with a major oil sands producer to solve their severe fouling problems by implementing a proprietary next-gen antifouling coating.
As a first step, Exchanger Industries sat down with the Producer to define clear performance objectives for the trial. The customer needed to see at least a 50% reduction in cleaning events and identified a stretch goal of eliminating redundant equipment — and they wanted the evaluation conducted in real-time at full scale to give confidence in the results.
Exchanger Industries delivered against these expectations and the results are clear:
- No cleanings in 7 years and over $1M in direct cleaning savings
- U-values at or near baseline since installation
- Prolonged heat exchanger lifespan
- Technology expanded to other sites
Download our antifouling coating case study today to discover how we combined innovation and technology for the ultimate heat exchanger fouling solution.